Contents of the lecture
An introduction to standards and methodologies for measuring and reporting Corporate Social Performance/ESG (i.e., GRI, SASB, IIRC), third-party rating systems (B labs, MSCI, Thomson/Refinitiv, Truvalue Labs) and the latest academic findings on Corporate Social Performance/ESG reporting. We will also demonstrate the Truvalue Labs™ platform. Truvalue Labs™ is an awarded Fintech that applies Artificial Intelligence to massive volumes of unstructured data and scores firms on ESG behavior that has a material impact on company value. Finally students will play the Financial Times Trade-off game and will discuss the Danone (Integrated Report) case study.
- Describe the emerging third-party industry that rates firms’ Corporate Social Performance (CSP), and its role in rendering firms accountable for their social and environmental impact
- Review prominent CSP measurement and reporting schemes and key players promoting them
- Analyze how artificial intelligence facilitates CSP measurement and real-time firm accountability using behavioral data
- Identify the challenges in choosing and implementing a CSP measuring and reporting system
- Understand that in the domain of CSP, actions speak much louder than words; social impact reports should tell and not sell CSP and in turn not brag about (any measured) CSP leadership