Contents of the lecture
- Sustainability and access to capital: Growth in sustainable, responsible or impact investments; Sustainability and cost of equity capital, access to finance, borrowing terms; Investor reactions to mandated sustainability reporting in the EU.
- Sustainability and capital market intermediaries: Financial analysts; Creditors; Auditors.
- Financial Materiality of ESG: Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB); Evaluation of ESG by rating agencies & data providers; Preventing greenwashing and signaling ESG commitments; The business case of ESG communication.
- How investments in sustainability improve firms’ access to capital.
- Information intermediaries take ESG into account in their investment recommendations.
- Effective communication to the allocators of capital within an organization.