- to present the current normative frameworks for CSR
- to highlight the CSR functions, within corporate governance, as an informal legal context for self‐regulation.
- to explore the conjunction between ethics and law in corporations surviving in a globalized environment.
Learning objectives / outcomes
- Present the current normative EU frameworks for CSR.
- Introduce voluntary CSD functions and commitments within the formal framework of corporate governance
- Discuss the future of CSR: Its continuing impact on the environmental and social conditions of the corporate environment
- Can we identify legal dangers for shareholders and investors?
- Sustainability legal frameworks (mandatory) VS Guiding Principles (normative) VS standards (voluntary)
- CSR as soft law (it is seen as obligatory by most corporations because of consumer expectations and internal norms)