To identify the links between CSR reporting and marketing.
Key learning outcomes — at the end of this session students should be able to:
- Define CSR or ESG performance as a key stakeholder satisfaction metric.
- Present the industry of CSR or ESG rating agencies.
- Identify the challenges in choosing and implementing an ESG measuring and reporting system
- Offer research-based advice on how to communicate ESG.
- Understand and analyze the role of Marketing Analytics tools like Positioning Maps in helping firms differentiate from competition and broadly compete on ESG performance.
This session will examine the challenges of measuring, reporting and communicating CSR to firms’ key stakeholders. The focus will be on why and how firms measure, report and communicate CSR, concomitant challenges, and the emerging and highly fragmented industry of CSR reporting standards and measurement that is also affected by emerging regulation. We will also examine current innovations in CSR measurement and specifically how Artificial Intelligence allows measuring CSR using so called behavioral measurement. It seems that it’s now a possibility for firms to be held accountable for their CSR, real-time, 24/7.