Contents of the lecture
Organizational tasks, roles, and responsibility. To perform a role responsibly is to address the question ‘what is it for?’ The teleological structure of activities. The implicit nature of the ethical demand and how it is discharged. Responsible action implies good judgment. The constituents of good judgment: character, emotions, and practical wisdom.
- appreciate the importance of responsibility across all tasks
- develop their ability to frame problems, choices, and weigh what is at stake in particular contexts enhance your self-knowledge
- sharpen their perceptual skills to recognize what is important
- refine their judgement and sharpen their practical wisdom
- develop complex capacity to handle ambiguity and complexity in challenging situations in organisations.